Monday, 2 January 2017

Reflecting on 2016

I almost feel silly doing this because everyone is doing this. Nevertheless, it suits my blog to talk about my 2016. Overall, it was an interesting years. A lot of awful things happened in the world, but for me it has been a pretty good year. I made a lot of important choices and steps; especially the latter half of the year was really good to me. I have a few notes on my wall (ever since I moved in here) which have goals on them and through the course of this year I was finally able to take a few off. So maybe it's appropriate to talk about the things I achieved this year.
  • I finally wrote about the fairy tales of the Grimm brothers. Not as much as I may have planned but I did manage to include Hans Christian Andersen (among others) and I'm quite enjoying it.
  • I sufficiently completed my first year of university!
  • I applied for the University of East Anglia. I want to study aboard for a few months during my bachelor and I was able to apply. This doesn't mean I will be selected for this particular school and I'm super scared but it will be a good and exciting experience.
  • I have improved my sleeping pattern. I'm still struggling with it a tat of course but still, most nights I sleep around 8 hours, which used to be around 5 hours a night. I'm pretty happy about this because it has greatly improved my grades.
  • I sufficiently completed therapy.
  • I finally got to see The Phantom of the Opera (may seem like a silly accomplishment but it's huge to me).
  • I bought new bookcases because my books no longer fit into my old ones, which is an accomplishment because I'm working towards my own personal library.
  • I can cook! I still don't like it but I can do it (and by that I mean I am no longer scared something will go wrong if I have more than one pan on the stove).
Of course I still have a few things I want to accomplish in the following year(s) and I'm not really good at keeping up with resolutions but I can still try right. So here are some things I still want to do/accomplish:
  • Like last year, I want to watch as many Oscar Nominated films as possible before the actual Academy Awards, simply because I want to be able to discuss the nominations and winners with my brother. In order for my opinions to be valid, I have to watch the films we are talking about).
  • Finish my book. I've had this on my list for a loooong time, but this year I want to make it happen. It's been on hold of so long because I started writing back when my English was not as easy to me as it may be now so whenever I start working on it I close it again because the use of English makes me cringe. BUT! I feel like 2017 is the year.
  • Improve the way I consume food. May seem like a silly resolution but dude, .. I love anything sweet and I don't particularly enjoy cooking. I never order food (because it's expensive to order food and I waste all my money on books) so it's not that I eat a lot of junk food or anything.. 
  • Find a way to enjoy exercising again. I used to love dancing and exercising, but recently I've been slacking at it a little bit. Simply because, in my opinion, I have better things to do with my time (like study and read).
That's basically it. Happy new year everybody and let's make it a good one :) At least this year is so far so good. Going to Brugge tomorrow and I'm really excited about it. Hope to provide you guys with something useful about fairy tales on Thursday but it might not happen due to Brugge or studying :)

5 comments:

  1. You've done so many things this year! Congratulations! Personally, I've really enjoyed your posts on the Grimm fairytales. I've heard about the original versions, of course, but I never really thought about how different they are from the modern versions. I hope you have a wonderful 2017!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! Thats nice of you to say.

      Delete
    2. Hey! Thank you! Thats nice of you to say.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you did some great things in 2016! And awesome resolutions, too :)
    I also LOVE fairy tales, btw!

    New GFC follower :)
    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you :) I did my best.
      Hihi me too! :P obviously

      Delete